What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Oh, wow… that’s actually really difficult. Among the people who know me I am not known as the one who is sane or thinks things through.
Let’s see, I could probably list some:
- Decided to test the sturdiness of a log fallen into a ravine over a waterfall. It was not. My friend, tiny thing she is, managed to pull me up from a splatter-watery death.
- Gone car drifting in the rain. It seemed like a good idea at the time. It was not.
- I emigrated. I don’t know if that’s crazy or just crazy difficult. It has been a hard nine years.
- Ran back into a school building during the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake because someone told me a student was stuck on the 2nd floor under a desk. This resulted in great injury to me, the student I got out safely.
- Being hit by a car while cycling to work, getting up, insisting I didn’t need to go to hospital, and going to work. After 30 minutes we realized my arm was broken. I went to the hospital.
- Tried to put out a housewife with a mini extinguisher at the behest of Mother. It was pathetic and I lost my eyebrows to the conflagration. They’ve finally grown back.
I could probably go on with stupid and crazy things I’ve done, but then what would I use as fodder for in my novels.